Monday, January 10, 2011

Novelty Clown Birthday Cake for Noah ordered by Sis Hezrin

 A year's gone by,
How time has flown,
We can't believe
How Noah's grown!
He's such a joy
And so much fun,
Oh my! My baby nephew's
Turning One!


My little nephew Noah just turned 1 on 2nd Jan. My wonderful family planned a birthday party for him, along with mine, Ain's and Pakchu's. Since it was held at my place, it wasn't so much a surprise party for the adults but it was for little Noah. My sister Ain ordered this birthday cake for his birthday present. I baked 2 types of sponge (chocolate and strawberry) and layered them with buttercream. My aunt Makcik requested that I make a number one 3D cake, I added the happy clowns (made out of buttercream) as I thought it'd look more cheerful at the same time different from the other cakes I've done before. It's my first time doing clowns since I learned the technique more than a year ago. All the time while decorating I was thinking of a clown's slumber party, so I had them "hang out" on top and around the cake. I love how it turned out, and I know I'll definitely be doing more clown cakes in the future. I hope Noah had fun at his 1st birthday party. Happy Birthday darling Noah-Noah!

No comments: