Tuesday, July 3, 2012

GG Home Biz July - August 2012 Newsletter

Hello GG Home Biz friends!

I am back! Am writing this post on my aunt's computer, while waiting for the afternoon traffic to pass. I wish there are more than 24 hours a day! Can't seem to steal some time to update GG Home Biz blog and fb profile. Little Iddin has been "punishing" his mama every night. He's 50 days old to date, but still hasn't changed his sleeping habit. My sister says he's jetlagged, sleeping all day long and up most of the night. I'm getting a bit worried now, since I will have to go back to work pretty soon.

Since the last 2 weeks of my confinement period, I have begun baking again (wink!) to my mother's dismay. Couldn't help myself, I had assistants by the way. Made 2 Thomas themed cakes, a set of girly birthday cuppies, and some muffins, cream puffs and caramel puddings for Iddin's kenduri Aqeqah and potong jambul.

This is officially my first week to resume biz as usual. I'm fully booked for the week though, been getting bookings from customers almost every other day. Alhamdulillah... I'm thankful that my patrons are still supportive even after my on and off hiatus the past year. Unlike some women, being pregnant is not something that I "enjoy". My mother calls me "lembik", which really is true! I hope this will be my last one, tiga aje cukup! :)

This is a busy week (2nd - 8th July) at GG Home Biz. Last night I made mini RV cuppies for my brother Najmi's office, caramel puddings for mom's religious class celebration, next will be Aunty Yati's steamed fruitcakes, Julia's long distance order (from Kansas City) for her son's birthday "soccer themed" cuppies, Dila's special butterfly cake order for her daughter's birthday party, Shida's "Transformer themed" rainbow birthday cake and finally a fondant reception cake for my sis Elin's friend. All these to be done within this week. How nice if I can continue to take orders freely like now, as I am still on maternity leave. I will have to limit my baking once I start working, to only one cake order per week. With a new baby, it would be too overwhelming to take more orders. Therefore, if you have an order in mind, do quickly book your slot in my schedule!

A reminder, GG Home Biz will not be taking cake orders during the whole of Ramadhan until the 8th day of Syawal. I will be busy baking my annual chocolate chip cookies and steamed fruitcakes for Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Kindly sms or pm me to place your order, please inform your date of pickup too.

I will post my recent cake pictures soon, hopefully by next week. Haha! It's not a promise though... ;p Until then, take care ya, and to all my Muslim friends, Selamat Berpuasa, semoga ibadah kita semua diberkati Allah.

Warmest Wishes,
GG

No comments: