Thursday, July 12, 2012

Novelty Handbag Cake ordered by Pn Julia Mohamed of Kansas City, USA

I am typing this while waiting for a customer to come collect her cake. After a loooong afternoon decorating the Dora cake, I needed an outlet to wind down. So with a cup of hot Nescafe and a leftover red velvet cupcake by my side, I decided to chill down by doing one of my favourite pastimes, writing here!
I find that having a new baby and running a part time home biz can be quite challenging without a good support system. I'm very thankful that I am able to indulge in my passion, anytime I wish to, as I know superbibik will always be there to look after the baby when I do. At the moment, my sister Elin and parents, and sometimes my aunt, Makcik are also in and out to helpout. So I never had to worry about not finishing my orders on time etc...
I received this order from one of my oldest bff, Julia about a couple of days ago. She'd earlier ordered a set of soccer themed cupcakes for her son. She added this order as a gift for her SIL, Jamilah who'd been a great help to her husband and her. Coincidently it's also Milah's birthday today. On the pretext of asking Milah to come pickup Haziq's cuppies, Julia planned to surprise her with the cake, which she did.

Since it's a last minute order, I did the whole cake in a day, a feat that I have never attempted before! Wah... felt quite proud of myself when I completed it. Of course, I wouldn't have done it if my sister Elin didn't help with the cuppies. The cake inside was red velvet, with buttercream filling and covered with fondant. Julia supplied a sample picture as reference, she isn't fussy about the details, which makes the project all the more easier.

I think the gesture was very thoughtful of Julia and hubby, and they're very lucky too, to have such a nice sister like Milah. It's always nice to have a family that you can fall back on, even when you're half a world away. I hope Milah had a birthday as lovely as she is. It was truly a pleasure to meet her. Happy Birthday Milah!

No comments: