Friday, July 29, 2011

Misty Morning Hantaran Nikah Cake ordered by Pn Norhayati Kassim

 
Aunty Yati commissioned this cake for her friend's wedding. Named this cake Misty Morning for the cold rainy Friday morning when it was made. The cake is vanilla orange butter cake, with buttercream filling and fondant deco plus storebought gumpaste flowers. The bouquet was a combination of soft pink carnations, white lily and roses. As for the base/cake, I covered the 8" round cake with an off-white ivory-coffee-ish fondant, added some details with royal icing around the upper edge and trimmed the base with ribbons. To add some "drama" to the overall appearance, I rolled out a piece of fondant and fashioned it into a "drape". Finally, the flowers were added. I simply love the classic look, and I think I've achieved that here. You think? Well, I am very happy that Aunty Yati loved it, hope the pengantins do too! Selamat Pengantin Baru to the happy couple!




No comments: