Saturday, July 2, 2011

Beary Party Buttercream Birthday Cake for Puan Shida Razak of Sri Gombak







Childhood friend Shida called on Wednesday to enquire bout birthday cakes for her children. After much discussion, she agreed on orange butter cake with buttercream icing. She wants the cake to be a simple one. I just adore making children's cake, animals, rainbows, bright flowers all came into mind. This time round I wanted to incorporate teddy faces into the cake design. Thought they would look cute on kids cake.
At first, I thought of putting only 2 teddies on the cake, but it looked too bare. So I added 2 more and wrote the names and birthday wish in a wave form in between the teddies. Finally I added lemon yellow borders on the top and bottom borders for a touch of colour. And voila! A simple but very cute teddy birthday cake for Along and Mira. I think I am going through a phase... I'm "over" fancy and intricate designs, now into simple designs, unless my customers order otherwise. This has become one of my favourite design - "Less is More", I will definitely use more of this type of design on my cakes (or cupcakes) in the future. What do you think?

2 comments:

Shida said...

GG, sangat menduga utk bawak kek ni sampai ke Klang. Wangi giler la your cake. about the deco.....the mother to along n mira sgt suka. very simple. semua kids yg datang to the party love your teddy. cuter giler!

the cake is for my anak buah. very closed anak buah. tak sabar nak tgg kek utk my son Ikhwan. the train cake. the design up to you. asalkan bentuk train.

GG (Ezuin Zainuddin) said...

Wow, thanks Shida! Had fun making the cake too.