Monday, February 28, 2011

MyVi Novelty Birthday Cake for Pn Ida




Ida ordered this MyVi birthday cake to celebrate her husband Miey's birthday. This was one of the "express cakes" that I had made. The chocolate cake was baked a day earlier, I frosted it the next evening on the day of pickup after I finished work. I modelled the cake after Sham's MyVi, which was quite fortunate because I didn't have to go out to do my research. From the picts I took of Sham's car, I first cutout the shape, then frosted the whole cake with buttercream. Miey's actual car was silver, but I couldn't use metallic colours for buttercream, so I used light grey instead. I finished the cake by 10.30pm right on time. Ida came to collect the cake right after and celebrated her husband's birthday at the stroke of midnight. As Ida's sister Nora said, "Kek kereta MyVi tu dah jadi kereta potong malam tadi!". Cute. :)


4 comments:

Hunny Kitty said...

what a perfect myvi!

GG (Ezuin Zainuddin) said...

Geeeeee... Thanks Dia Honey!

Anita, Mummy Adzryl said...

niceeee. can u make other car models? ;))

GG (Ezuin Zainuddin) said...

Thanks Anita! Insya'llah I will try my best. Just forward me the pict of the car and I will advise you if I am able to do it or not.