Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hantaran Bertunang Cupcakes for Shahariah





My friend Sha booked me a month early to do these cupcakes for her brother's engagement. The theme was green and white, with a dash of gold. I baked orange flavoured butter cupcakes and made the roses 2 days ahead. Kept the cupcakes in the fridge until the nite before delivery. I like the peace and quiet of the wee hours to do my cakes and to get inspiration for the design. Since it was Saturday, I rose at 4am to decorate the cuppies and finished at 10.30am, the cuppies arrived just in time at Sha's Setapak Jaya house.

It's a Saturday (12 Feb 2011) I won't forget. After dropping the cuppies, I took the children for brunch at our favourite mamak restaurant after which we went straight home. Right after 11.30am my niece Farrah came over to pick up her steamed fruitcake and baked cheesecake. Around this time I "chatted" a bit with my aunt, Makcik on Facebook. At around 12.30pm I dozed off and slept until 3.30pm. I had just finished my late lunch when I received a call from my mother who told me that Uncle Carl (Makcik's husband) had passed away earlier. It was a shock to me because I had just chatted with Makcik right before I went to sleep.

Uncle Carl was a wonderful person. He was thoughtful and kind especially to my children. He adored them and they adored him, which was why Sham and I always had a soft spot for him. He was very supportive of GG Home Biz, always encouraging and motivating. Now when I make my classic carrot cake, I will always think of him. It was his favourite. Thank you Uncle Carl for coming into our lives, even for a short time. Thank you for bringing us all together. I will always cherish the memories we had with you. Al-Fatihah...

No comments: