Monday, December 27, 2010

Upright Princess Cake for my little niece Lana



This was made for little miss Tyra Banks Rawang - Lana. My niece Lana loves everything Princess and pink. My SIL Julia ordered this cake as a surprise for Lana's 5th birthday party back in June 2010. For this cake, I baked pineapple flavoured sponge and covered it with buttercream. I love making doll cakes, I let my imagination run wild designing the dress. The finished product reminded me of Mary (of Mary had a little lamb rhyme), in her white frilly frocks without her shepherd's stick. :)  I added the pink swags and tiny purple roses to make it look more "princessy". 

When we finally revealed the cake, Lana went silent for a second (she usually talks non-stop, mulut rice pops!). She had, many months before her birthday, "ordered" this cake for her party from me. I got a great big hug from the birthday girl who then said,"Lana dah lama nak cake Barbie ni. Thank you Maklong!". Awwww... She melted my heart...

No comments: