Monday, December 27, 2010

Son Imran's 3D Thomas the Tank Engine Birthday Cake




This cake was Imran's dream come true. Imran is an avid Thomas fan. He loves everything Thomas! A few weeks before his party, my husband suggested that I make Imran a Thomas 3D cake, he even did some research online and suggested some useful websites on how to make a Thomas cake. I borrowed a Thomas toy from Imran's collection as the model (the cake was the actual size of the toy) for my project and used 4 layers of dark choc orange cake. I've always loved the combination of chocolate and orange. The face was made out of gumpaste a few days earlier, was really proud of it, a split image of Thomas, don't you think?

As I was busy shaping the cake into Thomas, imran came into the kitchen and exclaimed,"Aiii? Mama buat Emiyiii (Emily)?". Emily was a blackish engine. LOLs! He thought I was making Emily because the chocolate cake was not yet covered with icing then. When I finally finished the cake, Imran excitedly asked for a knife, he wanted to immediately cut it! Haiiyak!

The party went well, the kids went crazy over the cake (the adult cringed at the amount of icing on it!), one of Imran's schoolmate (who's also a Thomas fan) was speechless when he saw the cake, he was so cute! Imran was the happiest boy that day indeed. Thank you to all the guests who came and made him feel special.

No comments: