Monday, December 27, 2010

Choc Moist Birthday Cake for A'ainaa

This Chocolate Moist Cake was ordered by Auntie Shah for her daughter's eleventh birthday. Aainaa is a sweet tween whom my children adore. I decorated the cake with colourful Smarties and chocolate rice at the sides. Yummy!

Chocolate Moist Cake is my all time favourite homemade cake. I just love the intense chocolatey-ness and the soft texture of the cake. This secret recipe is very dear to me, it all started with this very recipe 20 years ago. I found this recipe in a women's magazine, tried it for the first time on the day before Hari Raya, it turned out alright but the topping was a bit lumpy (with much practice and some modification, I made it into one of my trademark recipe). I brought the cake to my grandma's place where all my relatives assembled and received many compliments for it. It was a proud day for me :D.. 

I started receiving orders from that day on from my uncle, aunts and cousins. It's sparked my interest in baking, I started trying out other recipes, took over my mother's old recipe scrapbook (and added more recipes I collected over the years). I baked for pocket money during my teenage years, my family were very supportive and encouraging. Those were the days... 

Fastforward til TODAY, I am still learning this trade (there's still so much to learn!) and now own an online "cake shop". It has always been my dream to own a bakery, GG Home Biz is another step to achieving my dream. I am very thankful that I am finally able to do something that is very close to my heart.

No comments: