Monday, December 27, 2010

Fondant Hantaran Cake for Pn Farah



"Less is More", is how I describe this cake. Pn Farah ordered this for her bff's engagement. She sent me an MMS of the sample cake she fancied and explained that the theme was green and cream. The cake was my premium butter cake (I used the more expensive SCS butter), iced with buttercream and covered with cream coloured fondant. This time I decided to make my own gumpaste flowers. I made the bouquet one week earlier, left it to harden in an air conditioned room. As it turned out, self made flowers are very fragile when exposed to humidity. It was raining heavily on the night I decorated the cake. The flowers, although were left to dry for many days became easily broken. I managed to arrange the flowers with extra care and was pleased with the result. The next day the cake was delivered safely (with lots of post-it notes!) in double boxes to Puan Farah, who took it for a long drive to Perak for the engagement kenduri. Note: DIY gumpaste flowers are not suitable for outdoor functions.

No comments: