Monday, December 27, 2010

3-Tier Fondant Wedding Cake for En. Nasir




Pakcik Nasir is a colleague and also an acquaintance of my parents. He ordered this fondant 3 tier vanilla and orange butter cake for his eldest daughter's wedding. The theme was purple and white. The mother of the bride chose a previous design with draping "cloth", but the sample was a single tier hantaran cake. I tried to create a cascading "cloth" design on the top and second tier but the design didn't go very well with the bottom layer. So I rolled out a smaller piece of fondant to make the draping "cloth" for the top tier and filled out the rest of the cake with little pressed flowers to give the cake the "lacy" look. Lastly I arranged the purple roses on the bottom and top layers and finished with royal icing trimmings. Sham came back from work when I was halfway done, stayed up with me, was the critique (very hard to please that man!) and photographer. The cake was finally completed at 4am in the morning and I had to deliver it at 9am! Went to the reception (yes, I was invited too) that same noon with panda eyes. But it was all worth it when I saw the satisfaction on Pakcik Nasir and wife's faces.

No comments: