Friday, March 16, 2012

Hannah Montana Birthday Cake for Aunty Bai

Received a call from Aunty Bai of Keramat on Tuesday evening. She wanted to order 2 birthday cakes for Friday's (today) party. Since I was off until Wednesday, I took the order. She ordered this Orange Victoria sponge cake with Orange Buttercream (just had to love this cake, the smell was just so fragrant!) for her niece who's turning 6 and a Carrot Cake for her son Faizal 25th birthday.

I added orange peel and juice to the Victoria Sponge and the buttercream. It's a lovely cake for those who love fruity flavoured cake. Since I couldn't find Hannah Montana image at the bakers' supplier shop, I custom ordered it from my printer. Picked it up last night and finished frosting the cake right after. I love how everything turned out, from the colour combination to the border design, very "tween-ly". Hope little Tee'aa likes her "tween" cake.

Ahhh... girls nowadays grow up so fast, I was still playing with Barbies and masak-masak when I was six! Nurin my 8 year old daughter is now into Shasha and K-Pop. I remember she had her first heels at 2 years old (courtesy from her grandmother of course), I think I had mine when I was in form one and I only knew of boybands particularly NKOTB around the same time! Hmmm... Time does change...




No comments: