Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dora the Explorer 3D Cake for Pn Nadeema of Keramat Permai

I am hugely satisfied with this cake. Felt a little guilty for making Nadeema wait 15 minutes for the cake. I was working as fast as I could, while at the same time making sure that my "drop-stars" are neat and consistent. Nadeema ordered this for her princess' first birthday celebration. It's kinda last minute, but couldn't refuse Nadeema who was kind and warm when I spoke to her on the phone. 

With my fingers crossed, I squeezed in Nadeema's cake for Saturday 2pm pickup. Baked the choc moist cake on Thursday evening. Friday was a busy day, my parents had an open house in Serendah. Started decorating the Dora cake after I completed Gda's Upin Ipin cake, scheduled for Saturday a.m. pickup. Got home from my parents' and retired at 2.30am and was up again at 6.00am to finish both cakes.
I was nervous the whole morning (I'm a Capricorn you see, we drive ourselves to the brink of insanity for perfection - especially in times like this where time is limited), wished there were 48 hours a day. I've always been particular about meeting customers' datelines. To me it's the most important essence of customer service.

Which is why in order to avoid unnecessary stress, I always ask for at least one week notice for my cakes. For me at least, decorating cakes need a certain amount of "inspiration", if they're rushed, the whole process will become stressful and things will go wrong. I always set aside ample time according to designs, 5 hours for 3D cakes, 4 for fondants and 2 for regular buttercream deco. These does not include baking time. I have my trusty planner to help me schedule and keep track of my orders, which I will check daily to make sure everything's on track.
I decided to use lime green for the background this time. Glad I did, added some leaves and brown border to give it a "jungle" feel. Love the final outcome. Nadeema arrived as I was finishing up. We had a nice chat while I pack the cake, it's always nice to get to know my customers, and about the little girls and boys whose cakes I made. I was told that the birthday girl resembles Dora, hence the Dora party theme. 

I am happy that Nadeema liked the cake. I hope little Adeelia had a fantastic 1st birthday party which her adoring mom had meticulously planned. Looking at the cake pictures, I am glad I took the order. Thank you Nadeema for your order! :)

2 comments:

Nadym said...

Thank you so much Ezuin for taking the order. The cake was a big hit at the party! I am forever thankful to you =) Nadeema

GG (Ezuin Zainuddin) said...

Weeeeeee! You made me very happeeeee! Sorry you had to wait...