Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthday Cake with Custom Edible Image for Mom


My mom turned 60 this year. To me it's a huge milestone, hence this extra special birthday cake. I looked up old pictures of her and found a picture of her performing in an office event back in the 80's. Edited it and had it printed on edible image. My mom loved to sing, and still does. We've a saying in our family, "Do not pass the mike to Mak, or you will never get it back!".
Mak is a girly girl at heart, she loves all the frilly, flowery, sparkly stuff. I covered the 12" premium butter cake with pink frosting, placed the edible image in the centre and decorated it with white roses as the border.
The look on my dear mom's face was priceless when she saw the cake. I just knew the nostalgic picture would be spot on!
As usual, the "fire brigade" (the grandkids) was summoned. The youngest, Qaliff is not in the picture, think he hasn't arrived then.
My only hope that my mom would live a long and healthy life. There were times when Mak was away on her travels, I would think to myself, "If only Mak is around...". Things just aren't be the same without Mak who always fuss about everything, making everything dramatically "eventful". To me, she is the most essential "appliance" in our household, life will just be "bland" without Puan Siti Noriah Abdul Manaf. We love you Mak!

No comments: