Saturday, June 4, 2011

Silver and White Fondant Hantaran Nikah Cuppies for Cik Wanie Zaaba

Vanilla cupcake with buttercream filling and fondant decor. New friend Wanie ordered these silver and white mini cuppies for her cousin's hantaran nikah. I used storebought white roses and painted non-toxic edible silver paint on the edges. I prefer to use storebought roses when the weather's wet as handmade ones are unpredictable in humid condition. There's an incident with the roses. At the last minute I realized that my roses were not enough, rushed to the store but it was closed (I forgot it's Agong's birthday). Frantically I went home and made seven white fondant roses (fortunately it was a hot Saturday!), and finished the decor, all in one hour to meet the promised dateline. Phewww... Couldn't tell the difference between the handmade and storebought flowers! To add some soft touches, I added some satin and organza silver ribbons. I simply love the finished result, it all worked out as planned and more... I hope Wanie and her cousin love the cuppies as much as I do!



No comments: