Monday, June 20, 2011

Barney Novelty Number One Birthday Cake for En. Azizon Othman

This is exactly why I love to do kids birthday cakes. I get to do fun decorations and cute figurines! My boss, Tuan Azizon rang me last Friday to engage my services to do a birthday cake for his one year old. My boss is quite flexible, as long as it's a number one shaped, choc and vanilla flavoured (2 layer with different flavour), the rest was up to me. I decided to use buttercream as the frosting.


I recently came across the Barney edible images at my local baker's supply shop, I thought they'd be adorable on a baby's cake. My daughter Nurin used to adore Barney when she was younger. Barney always bring back those fond memories of her as a toddler. And I've been wanting to make this fondant baby figurine, so I decided to add this decor to the cake FOC, since the idea came after I quoted Tuan Azizon. By using Barney's signature colours purple and green as the theme, I fashioned a sitting baby on the number one cake. I'm just pleased with the finished cake, the baby acts as the focal point. Since the baby is just one year old, it was the older siblings who were more excited about the cake. I hope they'll be as much surprised as the baby to see the cake as their father had hoped. Happy first birthday li'l Dinie!


No comments: