Friday, November 16, 2012

Lightning McQueen Novelty Birthday Cake ordered by Sister Hezrin


 I am 200% happy with the outcome of this cake! It was a rush job but it turned out better than I expected. I was in the middle of cousin Manaf's petit fours project when I made this cake. My assistant for the petit fours project, Makcik had to take time off for her Friday morning religious class. It was my opportunity to quickly make this cake, as we were having a surprise party for her and nephew Qaliff (they share the same birthdate) that very evening. Baked the brown velvet and chocolate cakes during the wee hours, left them to cool for a couple of hours before starting with the decor.
 My sister Ain, the birthday boy's mom, requested for a red car cake. The only red car that came to my mind was Lightning McQueen. I've done a Lightning McQueen before, but this time was even more interesting, as I decided to carve Lightning McQueen out of the cake, and finished it with fondant details.
 My wacky family suggested the funny expressions on the figurines, a frowning Wancik looking for my 2 year old cheeky nephew Qaliff. :))
 Finished the whole thing before 2pm, just in time for my nephew Farhan to whisk the cake off to the party venue before Makcik arrived to continue with her task, thinking that I was so slow for completing only 4 pieces of the petit fours the whole morning! Lol!

No comments: