Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blue and White Petit Fours for Cousin Manaf's Wedding Reception

 My dear cousin Manaf got married last week, and yesterday was the reception on the goom's side. Mak commissioned me to make a hantaran cake for him. However, the hantaran cake had already been ordered from another baker, Pak Uteh (the groom's father) informed that they may need mini cakes as VIP gifts, hence the petit fours after some discussions with my cousin and Mak Uteh. Made 40 of these cute little cakes. Citrus Almond Medeira Cakes with fondant and gumpaste decor. Took 2.5 days to complete all 40 pieces. One of the most challenging projects I've done so far, believe it or not! My friend Anita, who is experienced in making petit fours had warned that it isn't as easy as it look, and that I should start off early. Following my guru's instruction, started the project on Thursday morning and finally completed it on Saturday evening! Luckily I had my aunt Makcik to help with the project, couldn't have finished on time if she didn't lend a hand. My sister Elin jumped in to help on the last day. I felt like hooting and cheering when we finished the last piece, such was the relief I felt after 2 whole days of non-stop fondant rolling... woohooo!!!
 Manaf and Efa's reception was beautiful! As expected from my creative uncle and aunt. They were the "orang kuat" of every wedding in my own family. The petit fours were decorated beautifully with white lace ribbons and placed on the VIP table, it was a proud moment for me (couldn't help it! After all the hard work!).
 To cousin Manaf and my "new cousin" Efa, on such a beautiful occasion, when your two souls unite, may your love and affection for each other never fade away. Have a wonderful married life! <3


2 comments:

eiman_eddeeza said...

Kak Long! Kalau gini berapa ongkosnya? Macam nak order tuk march for my brother's wedding. Maybe nak banyak. Nak buat gift for groom's and bride's side masa reception. Anything kak long pm or bb me. Br terperasan masa buka blog kak long.

GG (Ezuin Zainuddin) said...

orait, I PM you Marlan! :)