Sunday, February 5, 2012

Orange Oil Cake


Gosh! This was such an easy recipe I just had to share it! I was browsing the net for new lauk-pauk dishes and stumbled upon it. Once I had seen Nigella baked a mandarin orange cake on one of her cooking programs. I was really curious on how it would taste because she "blitzed" 2 whole mandarins with peels and all with the rest of the ingredients. Copied the recipe but unfortunately had somehow misplaced it before I could experiment with it. 

I was excited to find a somewhat similar recipe online. Remembering that I had an orange or two stashed somewhere in the fridge, I immediately went to work, with some modifications. The rest of the ingredients are just very basic. I think some of you who are busy working moms can whip this up in a jiffy, it took me just 15 mins to mix and approximately one hour to bake. Can you believe it?

Here's the recipe, my modified version:

Blend until smooth and well incorporated:
1 med size orange (Sunkist/ Navel) - cut and cored, with peel.
1.5 cups caster sugar
0.25 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil or cooking oil
3 eggs

Sift:
2 cups all purpose flour (tepung gandum)
1 tbsp baking powder

Method:
Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius, grease and line a 7" square or round baking tin.
Pour the blended mixture in a large bowl, fold in sifted flour with a spatula until just incorporated.

Pour in prepared tin and bake for approximately 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.

Do try this recipe, you wouldn't believe how easy it is!


Baked this in a square tin especially for my cousin Madzli.

No comments: