Sunday, December 16, 2012

Nurin's K-Pop Sketchbook Novelty Cake

Lemon poppyseed butter cake with buttercream filling, covered with fondant, with edible image and gumpaste deco.
My K-Pop princess, Nurin turns 9 on the 17th. We had a small and private celebration for her. Invited her BFFs, a few neighbours, my in-laws and some relatives.
Since she loves K-Pop so much, I decided to make a cake with images of her favourite idols. But what type? 2 tier? Single tier? Carved? It took me until the very last minute to think of how to incorporate these images onto a tweenie cake without being to girly. Her princess days are over you see, now she's into idols, fashion and BFFs. It was just coincidence when Imran suddenly came to me with his sticker book, and that's where I got the idea for this sketchbook cake!
All in all, Nurin and I were both happy with this cake. Her friends ooh-ed and ahh-ed over it, my family loved the lemony flavoured butter cake. Most of all, Nurin had the K-Pop party she had always wanted. She was the happiest girl that day! :)
 Happy 9th Birthday Sayang!

No comments: