Friday, December 28, 2012

My New Year's Resolution. Happy 2013 Everybody!

Helloooo GG Home Biz Friends!

I'm writing this, just 3 more days to 2013, thinking about the past year of what I have gained and what I have lost. My joy and regrets. My triumphs and mistakes. What I had missed and attained.

Looking back, 2012 had been good. Though the year started off a wee bit bumpy because I had to put everything on halt due to morning sickness. I had little Iddin in May, itched to put on my apron which I did (to my hubby and mom's dismay!) as early as July, and resumed GG Home Biz shortly after. Biz picked up almost immediately, my diary was packed with back to back orders. I was back in my elements after being on and off the radar during the past year due to my pregnancy.

My last quarter of this year had been a blur of orders after orders. Tired yes, but very happy with what I have achieved. As much as I love baking, I feel that I have been missing special moments and occasions due to my long hours in the kitchen. Therefore for the year 2013, I intend to take in less orders and spare more time for family, attend some courses (that I had put on the back shelf due to time constraints) and most of all reconnect with friends who had been very understanding when I told them that I had to pass gatherings and such due too my busy schedule. Being so busy had also turned me into a tense or sometimes absent minded person (I realized this when I received news today of a dear friend's father's passing which I had been oblivious of because I was too busy meeting cake datelines. I'm such a horrible friend!), I am not such person you see. Those who know me would describe me as somewhat cheerful person (wahhh macam perasan pulak, tapi betul kan?!), at least that's what I strive to be in life. Hoping to keep those wrinkles away for as long as I could, though it's becoming more and more farfetched these days, sigh...

Baking has been my favourite pastime since forever, thru GG Home Biz I had been able to achieve and sometimes even go beyond my wildest dreams to bake and create special cakes for family, friends and customers alike. But working fulltime, with 3 young children and having a home biz, leaves me burnt out most of the time. Though my dear hubby has been very supportive, he sometimes does complain that we don't go out as often as we should. My children have to make "appointments" to book their Mama. I catch myself looking forward to days which I don't have orders, aiyo... that's not a good sign isn't it?

I thank all of GG Home Biz patrons who had been very supportive of us. Please do not take to heart if I am unable to take some of your orders in the future. It's nothing personal, I am just trying to bring more "balance" to my busy life. I would like to wish a very happy 2013 to my family, friends and my cherished patrons. I hope that the new year will bring more sunshine and laughter into all of our lives. Here's a quote for all, "All the world is a birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much!" ~ George Harrison. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Warmest Wishes,
GG
Baker/Cake Decorator
GG Home Biz, Lembah Keramat

No comments: