Monday, September 24, 2012

Son Imran's T-Rex Dino Themed Birthday Cake

 9" chocolate cake, with buttercream frosting. Covered with fondant with gumpaste deco.
 My son Imran celebrated his 5th birthday at school today. This is a rather unusual "order" by him as he chose this design over all his favourite cartoon characters. He's into dinosaurs at the moment. And his fave is of course the Tyrannosaurus or famously known as the T-Rex. He even gave me the sample picture of the dino  for my reference. Very specific. :)
 It is a rather interesting cake to make, as I tried to make it look as lifelike as possible. I've done a cute dinosaur figurine for another cake before, but this one, as ordered by my little boss, must look fierce! Haiyakkk!
 I am glad to know that all his friends enjoyed this cake, some asked for seconds. All in all, I am pretty satisfied with the outcome of this project, most importantly, for the birthday boy to have a memorable celebration.


No comments: