Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hantaran Bertunang Buttercream Cupcakes for Norzalina

My friend Nor asked me if I could do buttercream cuppies for engagement hantaran about a month ago. It's been quite some time since I last did buttercream hantaran cuppies, lately the hantaran cuppies ordered had been fondant. Naturally I said yes. I always think doing buttercream cupcakes are more fun yet less fussy. For hantaran buttercream cuppies, I always use crusting buttercream, as they are more "durable" and won't easily smear.
The theme was brown and gold. I made chocolate butter cupcakes in 2.25" solo cup for this hantaran. To match the theme, I used brown, cream, white, yellow and a dash of green. I ordered the custom gold box from fellow baker Anita.
I woke up at 4am today and started baking the cuppies. It has now become a regular affair for me to wake up in the wee hours to finish my orders, eversince superbibik went back to Indonesia for holiday. I would retire to bed early the night before. I set a timeline for myself so I will not waste time as I promised Nor that the cuppies will be ready by 8am. They were all ready by 7.30am, and Nor arrived as I was cleaning up. I am glad that Nor was happy with the cuppies, I am very happy with the final result.

No comments: