Thursday, April 5, 2012

Black Chanel Handbag Cake ordered by Cousin Alang Zarina

 

Wow! 2nd Chanel handbag cake in one week! Remember the white version that I made for Kaklang's surprise party a few days ago? She loved it so much, she ordered a black version to thank her colleagues for holding her a surprise birthday celebration at the office.


Since this handbag cake is black, I informed her in advance that I could only find silver chains for the handle, therefore the logo will be silver too. The original black bag comes with gold chains and logo. For the base, Kaklang requested for choc moist cake. Since it was a short notice order, I decided to used storebought gumpaste flowers instead of handmade like I did for the white version.

 

Rolling out the black fondant was a whole new experience for me. White was straightforward and easy, took slightly over 3 hours to finish decorating it. I took close to 6 hours to decorate the black version. Before this I've only done small black pieces of fondant, never a whole batch. Wow, it was quite a challenge, I think I grew a bit of arm muscle rolling it out. Used up a whole bottle of black colouring too! It's alright, next time I'll know what to expect. The other challenge was to make sure not to get black stains on the white covered board. I did it in a different style this time, to give it a slightly different twist.


Sent an MMS of the cake to Kaklang after it was completed. I'm happy she loved this one too. She replied that this time it'd be her friends who won't want the cake cut! Thank you for the order Kaklang, hope you had a great party at work!

No comments: